The CUNY School of Law is located in Queens, New York just minutes from Manhattan across the East River. Queens, one of the five boroughs of the City of New York, has a population of 2.2 million people representing all parts of the world. According to a U.S. News and World Report survey, it is the most diverse borough in the country.
The Law School is located at 2 Court Square in the Long Island City section of Queens. Long Island City (L.I.C.) is the westernmost neighborhood of the borough of Queens. L.I.C. is notable for its waterfront parks and its thriving arts community. L.I.C. has among the highest concentration of art galleries, art institutions, and studio space of any neighborhood in New York City. Queens also has some of the best eating in the world, largely because the world has come to Queens - immigrants have brought the best of the world's cooking to our borough.
Directions to CUNY School of Law
A range of subway, bus and commuter railroad options provide convenient access to the Law School. The school is on the E, M and 7 trains at Court Square, less than 5 minutes from Manhattan and minutes from eastern Queens; the G train at Court Square directly connects with Brooklyn neighborhoods in Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Fort Greene, downtown Brooklyn, Carroll Gardens, Red Hook, Park Slope, Windsor Terrace and Flatbush. There are also easy connections to regional commuter railroads, and the school is on several Queens and Brooklyn city bus lines. Customized routes and connections available at www.mta.info, click on “Trip Planner.
From Manhattan and Queens
- E or M train to Court Square-23rd St. (first stop from Manhattan);
- 7 train to Court Square (third stop from Manhattan);
- N and Q trains to Queensboro Plaza, change to Manhattan-bound 7 train one-stop to Court Square;
- Additional convenient connections from the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, C, N, Q and R trains at 42nd Street for 7 train to Court Square; from B and D trains at 7th Avenue for Queens-bound E train to Court Square-23rd St.
- G train to Court Square;
- 2, 3, 4, and 5 trains to 42nd St in Manhattan, transfer to 7 train to Court Square;
- A, B, C, D and F trains transfer at West 4th St. in Manhattan to Queens-bound E or M trains to Court Square-23rd St.
From the Bronx
- B and D trains to 7th Ave, transfer to Queens-bound E train to Court Square-23rd St.;
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 trains to 42nd St in Manhattan, transfer to 7 train to Court Square
Via Metro North Railroad
- From Grand Central, take 7 train to Court Square
- From Pennsylvania Station, take Queens-bound E train to Court Square-23rd St.;
- From Woodside, take Manhattan-bound 7 train to Court Square;
- From Hunter’s Point, take Queens-bound 7 train one stop to Court Square
Via PATH from New Jersey
- From 33rd St, take Queens-bound M train to Court Square-23rd St.;
- From World Trade Center, take Queens-bound E train to Court Square-23rd St.
Via New Jersey Transit
- From Pennsylvania Station-NY, take Queens-bound E train to Court Square-23rd St.
To find the best route, consult the maps:
A taxi is the easiest way to the Law School from either LaGuardia (LGA) or Kennedy (JFK) airport.
HINT: bring the driving directions (below) - not all taxi drivers are familiar with Queens.
From New York:
- From the Bronx take the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge (Triboro) to Queens, and then exit at 31st Street. Make a right at the light, and proceed on 31st Street to Northern Boulevard make right. Court Square will be on your right.
- From Brooklyn take the east-bound Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (BQE). Follow the signs for the Long Island Expressway/Midtown Tunnel. Make a right onto Van Dam Street and proceed to Thomson Avenue. Make a left on Thomson, then proceed to Jackson Avenue and make a right.
- From Connecticut take I-95 South. Stay let to take I-278 West via exit 6B toward Robert F. Kennedy Bridge (Triboro). Take exit toward 31 Street/Astoria Boulevard / I-278. Turn slightly left onto Hoyt Avenue S / I-278 Truck W. Turn right onto 31st Street which becomes NY-25A. End at Court Square.
- From Long Island, NY take Exit 15 on I-495 W / Long Island Expressway. Stay straight onto Queens Midtown Expressway / Borden Avenue. Turn right onto Van Dam Street. Turn left onto Thomson Avenue. Thomson Avenue becomes Court Square. Turn left onto Jackson Avenue / NY-25A. End at Court Square.
- From Manhattan take the Ed Koch Bridge (Queensboro-E.59th St). Once across the bridge, take Jackson Avenue exit immediately after the bridge. Turn right at Jackson Avenue and left at Court Square.
- From Staten Island take the Staten Island Expressway to the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, then proceed directly onto the Gowanus Expressway. Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway (BQE) north to Exit 33 (McGuiness/Humboldt Street). Make a left onto McGuiness Boulevard, and proceed over the Pulaski Bridge to Jackson Avenue. Make a right on Jackson Avenue, then proceed to Court Square is four blocks ahead.
- From Westchester County take the Major Deegan, or Bruckner Expressway, to the Queens-bound Robert F. Kennedy (Triboro) Bridge. Exit at 31st Street to Northern Boulevard West, which turns into Jackson Avenue.
From New Jersey:
- From the North take the George Washington Bridge, then proceed south on FDR Drive. Take the Ed Koch Bridge (Queensboro-E.59th St), exit immediately after the bridge. Make a right onto Jackson Avenue and proceed to Court Square.
- From the South take either the Holland or the Lincoln Tunnel into Manhattan. Proceed eastward to the Midtown Tunnel at 34th Street. Take the Midtown Tunnel to the Van Dam Street exit, and make onto Van Dam. Proceed to Thomson (avoid Queens Boulevard and the bridge entrance on the right), turn left onto Jackson Avenue and proceed to Court Square.
Additional driving directions can be obtained by going to www.mapquest.com.
There are several municipal and private parking garages near the Law School:
- Central Parking System
- 4540 Court Square (0.19 miles)
- LIC Operating
2728 Thomson Avenue (0.21 miles)
- SPI Operating Corp
2748 Jackson Avenue (0.25 miles)
- MTP Parking
23-02 42nd Rd (intersection of 23st and 42nd rd.)
LIC NY 11101
open 24/7 (0.30 miles
- 4300 Crescent St Parking
4329 Crescent Street (0.33 miles)
- Queens Plaza Parking
27-02 Queens Plaza S (0.50 miles)
Lose Your Way?
Call the Admissions Office for help at (718) 340-4210.