- What is CUNYfirst?
- I need to deal with several offices, including Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Advisement. Will CUNYfirst change this?
- What is the Student Center?
- Can I get onto the CUNYfirst System through the CUNY Portal?
- How do I gain access to CUNYfirst?
- With access to CUNYfirst available to so many people, how do I know that my personal information is protected?
- How do I access financial aid information? How will this information be different?
- How do I change my classes on CUNYfirst?
- What else will CUNYfirst do?
- Where can I go if I need assistance with registration or with other CUNYfirst features?
- How do I find a class and add to the shopping cart?
- How do I register for an Independent Study in CUNYfirst?
- How do I adjust the credits for a variable credit class?
- Where do I find my LAW Exam ID in CUNYfirst?
1. What is CUNYfirst?
CUNYfirst (Fully Integrated Resources & Services Tool) is the name of CUNY’s Enteprise Resource Planning (ERP) project.
For students, this new student management system means more coordinated service and quicker, easier access to information about all areas of your academic life, from admissions through academic progress/graduation.
2. I need to deal with several offices, including Financial Aid, the Bursar, and Advisement. Will CUNYfirst change this?
Yes. CUNYfirst will make it easier for you to get the information you need through the online Student Center. Through this new integrated system, these offices and others can view your record at the same time in real time. This means faster answers for you with no more referrals from office to office.
3. What is the Student Center?
The Student Center consists of three areas:
- Academics, including registration information
- Finances, your account history, including an ability to view and pay your balance online, and an ongoing update of your financial aid record.
- Personal information, such as home address.
4. Can I get onto the CUNYfirst System through the CUNY Portal?
No. The CUNYfirst system requires a separate username and password to be entered after logging in to https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
5. How do I gain access to CUNYfirst?
To claim your CUNYfirst account,
- Go to https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu
- Click “First Time Users” line at bottom of page
- Enter your first name, last name, date of birth, and last four digits of your social security number
- Click, “OK”
- Select your Challenge Questions and Answers (you need five)
- Choose a password
- Click “OK”
6. With access to CUNYfirst available to so many people, how do I know that my personal information is protected?
CUNYfirst has designed with an extremely comprehensive security program that provides privacy and safety. Once you are given initial access, you control your own password. CUNYfirst is NOT using social security numbers as part of the student ID.
7. How do I access financial aid information? How will this information be different?
You will access your financial aid information through the CUNYfirst Student Center, under the “Finances” section. You will see your financial aid listed there as “Anticipated Aid” along with a description of the aid. Once your aid is applied (credited to your account), this will be listed clearly on your tuition bill.
8. How do I change my classes on CUNYfirst?
In the CUNYfirst Student Center there is a “SWAP” feature in which the courses you request to change will automatically be swapped. You do not need to meet with an Advisor to change your classes.
9. What else will CUNYfirst do?
Each student has an individual record in CUNYfirst, and only one record. For example, if you take classes at more than one CUNY college, your registration, financial and personal information will appear under your single student account for each college. If you transfer to another CUNY college, you will use your same username and password to access your student account, which will now include the new transfer college information.
Additionally, you can:
- View your complete student record, and an unofficial transcript can be downloaded and printed.
- Make appointments with faculty via CUNYfirst, and schedule times convenient to both of you.
- See your complete financial profile, including any financial aid in place for you.
- View your tuition and fee balance, and pay by credit card online.
- Receive live information streams and communications that let you easily stay connected.
10. Where can I go if I need assistance with registration or with other CUNYfirst features?
The Registration Center and several other areas on campus will be set up with CUNYfirst assistants who can personally acquaint you with the new system. This information will be updated regularly on this website.
11. How do I find a class and add to the shopping cart?
12. How do I register for an Independent Study in CUNYfirst?
Registration for an Independent Study will not change. Your supervising professor will sign the Independent Study form and the Registrar's Office will register for you.