Financial Aid & Scholarships
So you’re thinking about applying for financial aid at CUNY School of Law?
This decision will be one of the most significant of your life. By furthering your education, you will open new doors to job opportunities, greater income and most likely, debt. This section was put together based on information gathered for students like you, to assist you in making well-informed choices about law school financing.
- Financial management is critical before, during, and after the period of time you are attending law school.
- It is rare that law school is inexpensive, but with proper financial planning and the ability to make informed choices, we can help you achieve your goals.
- We truly believe that with this information as well as additional resources, you will have the tools to plan and succeed.
As you read through this page, we would like you to keep in mind a few thoughts:
Financial aid at CUNY School of Law is administered without discrimination as to age, sex, race, creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran status. An applicant may be excluded from all programs if in default in the repayment of a previous student loan.
Disclaimer: CUNY School of Law is not responsible for the content on the Web sites maintained by third parties nor do the links to these third-party Web sites imply or constitute an endorsement of the information contained therein. CUNY School of Law is not responsible for reviewing the information contained in these Web sites and can not ensure the accuracy of their content.
At the completion of the Spring 2014 term, students receiving Financial Aid will be able to view all of their information in their CUNYfirst account. CUNYfirst announcements are sent to you via your law school email address, so be sure to check your law school email often for updates and instructions on using CUNYfirst Financial Aid Tools.
You can learn more about CUNYfirst and Student Self Service at http://first.law.cuny.edu.
- June 14, 2010: Civil Legal Assistance Attorney Student Loan Repayment Program (CLAAP)
- March 10, 2010: CUNY Student Financial Aid Model Code of Conduct <pdf>