How to Apply for Financial Aid
Step 1: Request Personal Identifier Number (PIN) from the Department of Education at www.pin.ed.gov, so you can electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Step 2: Complete your 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and use the IRS data retrieval process after January 1, 2014 listing: CUNY School of Law at Queens College Title IV institution code: G31913
Step 3: Student Aid Report
The Department of Education notifies you that your application was processed and provides you with a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review the SAR carefully for accuracy, and make sure our school code G31913 is listed. There will be a message on your SAR if additional information is needed to complete the process.
Step 4: If you filed a FAFSA using income estimates, update your FAFSA application with the income information from your current completed federal tax return.
Step 5: Set up your CUNYfirst Account
After your Seat Deposit is received, you can access your financial-aid account using CUNYfirst. You can learn more about CUNYfirst and Student Self Service at http://first.law.cuny.edu. In CUNYfirst you can check your "To-Do List Items" to see if any additional documentation is required to finalize your award package.
- In CUNYfirst, click the link which provides information on how to view, accept, and decline your awards.
- If you don't see an award notification, check the "To-Do List" for instructions.
- If action is required, respond promptly to avoid packaging and disbursement delays.
Step 6: Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note
- If you accepted student loans, you may be required to complete on-line Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN). Check your "To-Do List Items" to see if any action is required.
- Accept or decline all financial aid offered and review aid against semester charges.
- Review your billing statement to make sure that it reflects all of the Tuition and Fee charges for your current semester enrollment status.
Step 7: Sign-up for Direct Deposit
In order to expedite your loan funds, students are strongly encouraged to sign up for Direct Deposit through CUNYfirst.
For more general information on Financial Aid, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 718-340-4284.