Legal Writing Center Info
Office Hours (Room 4-112)
Monday - Thursday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Check TWEN for appointment times.
Who we are
What we do
One of the three writing fellows on staff will work with you one-on-one on your writing assignment. We can help you with overall structure, clarity, and grammar. Fellows are Ph.D. candidates in different academic fields at the CUNY Graduate Center. While we have extensive writing experience, we are not able to advise you on legal issues.
Appointments do fill up, especially just before an assignment is due. Walk-ins are also welcome, provided someone is available to help you.
What kinds of assignments can I bring to the Writing Center?
- Book Reviews
- Scholarly Writing
What should I bring? How should I prepare?
- Have a first draft of your paper ready
- Bring a printed copy with you
- Bring your assignment sheet with you
- Read over your paper
- Think about specific writing issues you would like to work on
- If your paper is longer than 10 pages, consider emailing it ahead of time via TWEN. We will do our best to look over the whole paper, time permitting.
Stuff you can do on your own