The Office of Student Affairs at the Law School compiles listings of available housing and assists students looking for roommates. Contact Student Affairs by email at studentaffairsoffice@mail.law.cuny.edu or call (718) 340-4207 for the latest information.


Neighborhoods near Long Island City

  • Astoria
  • Sunnyside
  • Woodside
  • Elmhurst
  • Jackson Heights
  • Rego Park
  • Corona
  • Greenpoint
  • Williamsburg
  • Flushing
  • Forest Hills
  • Kew Gardens
  • Middle Village


New York City's daily and weekly newspapers regularly list apartment rentals in their classified or real estate sections. (Wednesday and Sunday issues contain the most listings.) Students seeking apartments in Queens will find Newsday, The Queens Tribune and The Flushing Times to be particularly useful. In addition, The New York Times, Daily News and Village Voice list apartments in all five boroughs and the outlying suburbs.



Although CUNY School of Law does not have on-campus housing, law students may apply to live in the dormitories at one of the other CUNY schools.

Manhattan's Hostelling International-NY (formerly American Youth Hostel): Located in a landmark Victorian Gothic-style building at 891 Amsterdam Avenue, close to Central Park and Columbia University. The Hostel provides temporary housing. For more information, call (212) 932-2300, email reserve@HInewyork.org, or go to their website.

Visitors to the New York City area can log onto FODORS for airport, hotel and dining information.


Real Estate Brokers

Students are advised that real estate brokers usually charge a finder's fee. To avoid a fee, try to deal directly with landlords or apartment owners. However, if you are using a broker, fees are generally no more than the equivalent of one month's rent. Real estate brokers can be found in the classified or real estate sections of New York newspapers.

View the NYC Rent Guidelines Board


Legal Resources

For questions about your legal rights as a tenant, or if you think you may have been discriminated against you can visit www.lawhelp.org/ny/ or call the New York City Commission on Human Rights Hotline
at (212) 306-7500.


Location of and directions to CUNY School of Law

Roommate Information Form

If you are looking for housing and would like to be placed on a list of eligible roommates please fill out this form and submit to the Student Affairs office room 5-110G.
Download Form <pdf>


Landlord Information Form

If you are currently renting an apartment and are looking for a roommate(s) please fill out this form and submit to the Student Affairs office room 5-110G.
Download Form <pdf>


Online Housing Resources