Courses Offered for 2014 Summer Session*
- Criminal Procedure
- Law and Policy in Public Education **
- Professional Responsibility
- Public Interest/Public Service
- TIL: New York Landlord-Tenant Law
- TIL: The Patient Advocate: Necessary Tools for Healthcare Advocacy
- Community and Economic Development Social Justice Lawyering **
- Trial Practice from a Judicial Perspective
- UCC Survey
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
*Offerings vary from year to year.
** Please note: this course has been cancelled.
Current CUNY School of Law Students
The Law School offers a summer session for continuing students in June and July. Students who enroll in summer session may decrease the pressure in their second year and allow more time for clinic in the third year.
The maximum number of credits that can be taken in the summer program is six. Most of the classes are held at the Law School two nights a week on Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:15 - 9:15 p.m.
Visiting students from other ABA-approved law schools will be permitted to enroll in CUNY summer session courses. CUNY School of Law students have priority in registering for all summer courses, with visiting students registering on a first-come, first-served space-available basis.
To be eligible to register for summer courses, visiting students must:
- be in good academic standing at an ABA-approved law school;
- have permission from their "home" law school to take summer courses at CUNY School of Law;
- submit all required documentation and pay all required tuition and fees by the estimated deadlines, and
- submit proof of immunization and return Meningitis Response form (if registering for 6 or more credits).
Additional Visiting Student Requirements:
2013-2014 Law School Summer Budgets*
|In-State (living away from parent)||Out-of-State (living away from parent)||In-State (living with parent)|
*Tuition and fees set forth may be subject to change by the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.
** During the summer session, the Materials fee is $140.00 per course (except for Independent Study) and the Student Activity fee is not charged. The Materials fee covers the cost of all required textbooks and course handouts. Therefore, a student who ONLY takes Independent Study will not pay any Materials Fee. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (718) 340-4284, for any questions.
We look forward to greeting you at the CUNY School of Law this summer!
For Questions Contact:
CUNY School of Law
2 Court Square
Long Island City, NY 11101
Our Summer Session 2014 is part of the City University of New York Summer in the City initiative.