We look forward to greeting you at the CUNY School of Law this summer! For any questions please call (718) 340-4594 or email Angela Morrison.
Current CUNY School of Law Students
The Law School offers a summer session for continuing students in June and July. Students who enroll in summer session may decrease the pressure in their second year and allow more time for clinic in the third year.
Offerings vary from year to year. The 2013 Summer Session offerings include:
- Criminal Procedure
- Delivering Access to Justice in a Challenged Society
- New York Domestic Relations Law
- Professional Responsibility
- Public Interest/Public Service
- TIL: New York Landlord-Tenant Law
- TIL: The Patient Advocate: Necessary Tools for Healthcare Advocacy
- UCC Survey
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
The maximum number of credits that can be taken in the summer program is six. Most of the classes are held at the Law School two nights a week on Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:15 - 9:15 p.m. Please note: Delivering Access to Justice in a Challenged Society will meet 6:00-9:00 p.m. in Manhattan.
Visiting students from other ABA-approved law schools will be permitted to enroll in CUNY summer session courses. CUNY School of Law students have priority in registering for all summer courses, with visiting students registering on a first-come, first-served space-available basis.
To be eligible to register for summer courses, visiting students must:
- be in good academic standing at an ABA-approved law school;
- have permission from their "home" law school to take summer courses at CUNY School of Law;
- submit all required documentation and pay all required tuition and fees by the estimated deadlines, and
- submit proof of immunization and return Meningitis Response form (if registering for 6 or more credits).
Summer 2013 Forms
- Summer Session 2013 Information and Course Descriptions <pdf>
- Visiting Student Information Form <pdf>
- Visiting Student Registration Request <pdf>
- Summer 2013 Academic Calendar <pdf>
- Public Interest/Public Service Practice Course Internship <pdf>
- Directory Information Non-Disclosure <pdf>
- Immunization Requirement
- Summer 2013 Tuition Payment Instructions <pdf>
Also, review our Residency Policy and forms »
2013-2014 Law School Summer Budgets**
|In-State (living away from parent)||Out-of-State (living away from parent)||In-State (living with parent)|
* During the summer session, the Materials fee is $140.00 per course (except for Independent Study) and the Student Activity fee is not charged. The Materials fee covers the cost of all required textbooks and course handouts. Therefore, a student who ONLY takes Independent Study will not pay any Materials Fee. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (718) 340-4284, for any questions.
**Tuition and fees set forth may be subject to change by the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.
CUNY School of Law
2 Court Square
Long Island City, NY 11101-4356
Main Phone: 718-340-4200
Our Summer Session 2013 is part of the City University of New York Summer in the City initiative.