Courses Offered for 2015 Summer Session*
- Criminal Procedure
- Professional Responsibility
- Public Interest / Public Service
- TIL: New York Landlord / Tenant Law
- TIL: The Patient Advocate
- TIL: Introduction to International Criminal Law and Practice
- Trial Practice from a Judicial Perspective
- UCC Survey
- Wills, Trusts & Estates
*Offerings vary from year to year.
Current CUNY School of Law Students
The Law School offers a summer session for continuing students in June and July. Students who enroll in summer session may decrease the pressure in their second year and allow more time for clinic in the third year.
The maximum number of credits that can be taken in the summer program is six. Most of the classes are held at the Law School two nights a week on Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:15 - 9:15 p.m.
Visiting students from other ABA-approved law schools will be permitted to enroll in CUNY summer session courses. CUNY School of Law students have priority in registering for all summer courses, with visiting students registering on a first-come, first-served space-available basis.
To be eligible to register for summer courses, visiting students must:
- be in good academic standing at an ABA-approved law school;
- have permission from their "home" law school to take summer courses at CUNY School of Law;
- submit all required documentation and pay all required tuition and fees by the estimated deadlines, and
- submit proof of immunization and return Meningitis Response form (if registering for 6 or more credits).
Visiting Student Requirements:
- Visiting Student Course Packet <pdf>
- Visiting Student Registration Request <pdf>
- Visiting Student Information Form <pdf>
- Summer 2015 Tuition Payment Information <pdf>
- Summer 2015 Residency Information Form
- Immunization Requirement
- Summer 2015 Academic Calendar <pdf>
- Directory Information Non-Disclosure <pdf>
Summer 2015 Session**
|New York State Residents||Non-Residents|
|Base Tuition||$565 per credit
(max 6 credits)
|$930 per credit
(max 6 credits)
|Materials Fee*||$140 per course (max 2 courses)|
|Technology Fee||$62.50 per semester|
|Consolidated Fee||$15 per semester|
* During the summer session, the Materials fee is $140.00 per course (except for Independent Study) and the Student Activity fee is not charged. The Materials fee covers the cost of all required textbooks and course handouts. Therefore, a student who ONLY takes Independent Study will not pay any Materials Fee.
*Tuition and fees set forth may be subject to change by the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York.
** During the summer session, the Materials fee is $140.00 per course (except for Independent Study) and the Student Activity fee is not charged. The Materials fee covers the cost of all required textbooks and course handouts. Therefore, a student who ONLY takes Independent Study will not pay any Materials Fee. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (718) 340-4284, for any questions.
We look forward to greeting you at the CUNY School of Law this summer!
For Questions Contact:
CUNY School of Law
2 Court Square
Long Island City, NY 11101
Our Summer Session 2015 is part of the City University of New York Summer in the City initiative.