Transcript Requests

To receive a copy of an official transcript, a student must make a request in writing to the Office of Registration and Student Records Management. Four vouchers for four free transcripts are issued to each student at the beginning of each semester and are valid until the first day of the following semester.

The fee for a transcript is $7.00 per transcript. Transcript requests are generally processed within two to three business days after receipt.

Order Your Transcript Online

CUNY School of Law has retained Parchment to accept transcript orders over the Internet. In addition to the $7 transcript fee, you will be charged a $2 processing fee to use this service. The $7 transcript fee is waived for transcripts sent to other CUNY institutions, however, you will still be charged a $2 processing fee to order a transcript through Parchment.

For more information on how to order a transcript online, visit:

Place an order for my transcript

Please Note: Transcripts requests will not be processed if you have a financial aid hold on your account.

No information about the progress or standing of a student will be sent to any employer or other person or organization in the absence of written authorization by the student directing the Law School to transmit such information.

Official Transcript
The Law School maintains an official transcript. This record includes a list of all courses in which a student registered, the number of credits for each course, and the appropriate grade entry:

  • For all students enrolled in the Law School as of the fall of 1999, the grades of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D, or F will appear on the transcript, except:
    • Academic Legal Writing, ISD, Law Review Editing, and Moot Court will be graded CR/F;
  • The grades of CR and No CR will appear on the transcript for first-year, first-semester courses; and
  • The grades of CR or NCL (No Credit Law) will appear on the transcript for any course for which a student has timely elected the CR/No Credit option for courses to which it applies.
  • Other transcript notations include FIN (Incomplete converted to a Fail), INC (Incomplete), PEN (Grade Pending), W (Withdrawal), WN (Withdrew, never attended), and WU (Unofficial Withdrawal).

The Office of Registration and Student Records Management will mail a copy of a student’s official transcript to any employer or other person or organization upon written request from the student.