CUNY Law is using the CUNY universal application supported by The Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation. Please make sure to select “School of Law” on the application. If you have questions about the form, please email Emergency.firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will not be made public.
Grant funds are limited and are considered on a rolling basis until funds are depleted. Students may apply for an emergency grant amount up to $1500. To be considered for this grant, please complete an application to be reviewed by the Emergency Grant Committee. Emergency grants will be made on a timely basis upon approval by the Committee. Please make sure to include any required documentation, for more information as explained in this FAQ to expedite your request.
Examples of emergencies to be considered include:
- Funds necessary to ensure access to WiFi in a place with the conditions necessary for learning
- Sudden loss resulting in lack of funds for food, a meal plan or basic living expenses
- Disability-related evaluation expenses for reasonable academic accommodations
- Emergency travel home for illness or bereavement in the immediate family
- Uninsured dental/medical/healthcare expenses
- Housing displacement due to unsafe, unhealthy or unpredictable living conditions
- Temporary loss of student’s job or jobs and/or job-search-related expenses
- Theft of books, clothing or essential belongings
Needs for personal computing devices are now being filled through iPad loans through equipment provided by CUNY Central Office. To request an iPad:
You must be registered for the upcoming/current semester.
You must send an email from your Law School account to Techemail@example.com that states:
- you do not currently have computer hardware that allows you to fully access our online instruction this semester;
- you understand that this is a loaner and you are responsible to return it or to pay for its replacement;
- your full name, CUNYfirst EmplID, telephone number, and mailing address.
It is preferred that iPads be picked up at CUNY Law so that the helpdesk can assist with the initial setup in person. Remote assistance remains available if needed. Note also that we have a limited supply of these iPads and we can’t guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled.
The Emergency Grant Committee
- Amanda M. Beltran, Interim Dean of Student Affairs
- Miyoko Brunner, Development Director
- William Jawde, Institutional Research Director
- Angela M. Joseph, Director of Financial Aid